Triogical addict
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-15%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents Fnac) LEGO® Star Wars™ 75367 Le croiseur d’assaut de ...
552.49 € 649.99 €
Voir le deal

Versions

4 participants

Versions Empty Versions

Message par Yeshead 31/8/2012, 17:21

I have a question about the versioning of triogical.
You can download version 1 or 2.1
Now I play only the 2.1 version.

When i first began with triogical, I had version 1 (the download with the maps included).
I have played all the 99 maps.

Second I downloaded version 2.1 (with all the maps included) and played also all the 99 maps.

Now I'm playing mapset 7 wich I download seperatly and are busy with it (in version 2.1).

I'm curious though of the other maps that are there so I also downloaded through 4shared but the maps don't work in version 2.1
Are all the maps only for version 1 ????

An advantage of version 2.1 is that you can save one point and that is not possible in version 1.

My question is how the versioning is and wich mapsets are there.
On this forum is spoken about mapset 7 through 10.
Is there also mapset 1 to 6?

I'm trying to get mapset 8 trough 10 but can't manage it.

Yeshead

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Versions Empty Re: Versions

Message par Cat 31/8/2012, 20:12

Yeshead a écrit:...Now I play only the 2.1 version.
I think everybody now plays with that version.

Yeshead a écrit:When i first began with triogical, I had version 1 (the download with the maps included).
I have played all the 99 maps.
Second I downloaded version 2.1 (with all the maps included) and played also all the 99 maps.
Are they the same 99 maps ? I don't know the version 1. I started with version 2.1.

Yeshead a écrit:I'm curious though of the other maps that are there so I also downloaded through 4shared but the maps don't work in version 2.1
Are all the maps only for version 1 ????
I'm a bit confused here. Are you talking about the maps or the mapsets?
Every map and mapset can be played in version 2.1. I mean all the ones you'll get from this forum or on 4shared (mapsets).

Yeshead a écrit:On this forum is spoken about mapset 7 through 10.
Is there also mapset 1 to 6?
Yes. There are now 2 compilations and 10 mapsets. You can play them all in version 2.1.

Yeshead a écrit:I'm trying to get mapset 8 trough 10 but can't manage it.
I have posted a new link to the mapsets on 4shared.
https://triogical-addict.forumactif.org/t240-new-link-to-mapsets

Is it the one you used ?

@Patapin : is the link above still correct ?

Yeshead a écrit:An advantage of version 2.1 is that you can save one point and that is not possible in version 1.
Wow ! I can't imagine playing triogical without the possibility of saving the game. Most of us think it's not enough to save the game only once. 2 or 3 times would be so much better. I won't complain any more !!! Very Happy

Cat

Message par Yeshead 31/8/2012, 21:36

Cat a écrit: Are they the same 99 maps ? I don't know the version 1. I started with version 2.1.

Most of them are different but there are also maps that are the same as in version 1.

Cat a écrit:I'm a bit confused here. Are you talking about the maps or the mapsets?
When you download the game and install it, there is already a mapset in it (99 maps).

Cat a écrit:
Every map and mapset can be played in version 2.1. I mean all the ones you'll get from this forum or on 4shared (mapsets).
I downloaded "Zip de 1 à 8.zip" but i only get no names and the body of the playground is black, so there is nothing loaded.
I downloaded "Triogical_Mapset9.zip" and still the same behavioure.

Cat a écrit:Is it the one you used ?
The link I used was "/folder/EyBw4X4D/_online.html" in 4Shared.

Cat a écrit: Wow ! I can't imagine playing triogical without the possibility of saving the game. Most of us think it's not enough to save the game only once. 2 or 3 times would be so much better. I won't complain any more !!! Very Happy
In version 1 there is no possibility to save so i played all 99 maps without this feature and you also learn how to curse the whole game affraid
But in the and it is also a satisfaction that you made it.
So try version 1 and find out Very Happy

Yeshead

Message par Patapin 1/9/2012, 08:56

The links are correct, but you have have to put the .tgs files in the same folder as Triogical !

Version 1 was delivered with Mapset#1, then Jérémy Routier created Mapsets#2 et #3.

He wes not satisfied with these three mapsets, so he created Compilation#1 with them.

Version 2 is now delivered only with this Compilation.

edit : replace tgs by tms, please Embarassed

Dernière édition par Patapin le 1/9/2012, 11:15, édité 1 fois
Patapin
Patapin
Admin

Message par Yeshead 1/9/2012, 10:04

Patapin a écrit:The links are correct, but you have have to put the .tgs (edit : tms, not tgs) files in the same folder as Triogical !
I have done that but nothing changed.
Besides, I think the .tmg extension was for version 1.
Version 2.1 has extensions .tms
What I downloaded from the links are also .tms-files.
Do I anything wrong?

How many maps are there anyway in the mapsets?
If i look at the list you published on this forum then every mapset has also 99 maps?

I'm busy now with mapset 7.

I was curious and wanted to look at mapset 8, 9 and 10 because there are also some maps that I created so I wanted to look.
In the list you published on this forum I saw the names

Yeshead

Message par Cat 1/9/2012, 10:39

Yeshead a écrit:Version 2.1 has extensions .tms
That's right.
Yeshead a écrit:What I downloaded from the links are also .tms-files.
Do I anything wrong?
I don't know if you did anything wrong.
Do you have one or two Triogical folders or do you keep only one folder for both versions ?
Version 2 opens a folder called Triogical2. You should have that one and copy all your .tgs files (the files with your scores) and all the mapsets .tms.

Yeshead a écrit:How many maps are there anyway in the mapsets?
There are 99 maps in each mapset except for mapset "Triovoigt" (which I forgot to mention earlier) that has only 3 groups - 27 maps - we call it a mini-mapset.

Yeshead a écrit:I'm busy now with mapset 7.
Well, how come you can play this one but not the other ones ? Did you do anything different with this mapset ?

Cat

Message par Patapin 1/9/2012, 11:20

cat Cat is right, and I made two mistakes :
1. it was not tgs files, but tms. Luckily, you had guessed this.
2. the folder is Triogical2, not Triogical.

Also I remember I had problems using Vista.
You need to add some tools if you have Vista or Windows7.
See this : https://triogical-addict.forumactif.org/t30-triogical-windows-7
Patapin
Patapin
Admin

Message par h2so4 1/9/2012, 11:28

Patapin a écrit: cat Cat is right, and I made two mistakes :
1. it was not tgs files, but tms. Luckily, you had guessed this.
2. the folder is Triogical2, not Triogical.

Also I remember I had problems using Vista.
You need to add some tools if you have Vista or Windows7.
See this : https://triogical-addict.forumactif.org/t30-triogical-windows-7

If you succeed to play the mapset 7 on your computer with the version 2, the environment should be OK, just put the downloaded, unzipped mapsets in the program files\triogical2 folder. You should stop working with earlier version of triogical.

h2so4

h2so4
Admin

Message par Yeshead 1/9/2012, 14:25

h2so4 a écrit:
If you succeed to play the mapset 7 on your computer with the version 2, the environment should be OK, just put the downloaded, unzipped mapsets in the program files\triogical2 folder. You should stop working with earlier version of triogical.
I have removed version 1 of my computer and have only triogical2 in my programfiles.

Cat a écrit:
Well, how come you can play this one but not the other ones ? Did you do anything different with this mapset ?
Well, that is the strange thing indeed, I have "New-Mapset#7.tms" but i think i renamed that myself but i can't remember anymore how that went then.
It is a long time ago when I downloaded this and therefore I played al the maps again now.

Is the place where the scores are held om another place?
Maybe I set the files on the wrong spot?

Btw, I use Vista Business but as Cat mentioned, I play mapset 7 without difficulties.

Yeshead

Message par h2so4 1/9/2012, 14:46

hi yeshead,

na het starten van triogical en het kiezen van jouw spelernaam, kan jij van mapset veranderen via de menu optie "load mapset".

Als jij dat doet, krijg jij een "file open dialog". Als de unzipped files op de goede plaats zijn, moeten zij hier zichtbaar zijn (met file extensie .tms), de directory moet triogical2 zijn.

zie jij die bestaanden, kan jij ze openen ?

h2so4
Admin

Message par Yeshead 1/9/2012, 15:50

h2so4 a écrit:hi yeshead,

na het starten van triogical en het kiezen van jouw spelernaam, kan jij van mapset veranderen via de menu optie "load mapset".

Als jij dat doet, krijg jij een "file open dialog". Als de unzipped files op de goede plaats zijn, moeten zij hier zichtbaar zijn (met file extensie .tms), de directory moet triogical2 zijn.

Thanks h2so4 for your answer and in my native language but i will answer in English so everyone can read it.

In directory "triogical2" i have a lot of files as "Triogical_Compilation1.tms" (works okay), "The-2nd-Compilation.tms" (does not work), "New-Mapset#7.tms" (works okay and i think i renamed it then but how and who, I don't remember), further i have "Triogical_Mapset2.tms" till "Triogical_Mapset8.tms" but all of these does not work.
I work through all the options you mentioned (choos player, load mapset etc.)

I will try to look at the link Patapin has mentioned here about vista and some tools i need, but further, I don't know what i'm doing wrong

Yeshead

Message par Yeshead 1/9/2012, 17:10

I have msvbvm50.dll.

I downloaded MSINET.ocx and PROGBAR.ocx and put them in de triogical2-directory.
I don't want these files in the system-direcories but if you put the necessary files by the executable, it should also work.

But no improvement, still the same behavior.
It would be strange if this would work because i can play the first compilation and mapset 7.

Yeshead

Message par Patapin 1/9/2012, 18:35

h2so4 a écrit:hi yeshead,

Sensass ! Great pleasure to read foreign languages ! Very Happy
international game, this Triogical !

Yeshead a écrit:I have msvbvm50.dll.

I downloaded MSINET.ocx and PROGBAR.ocx and put them in de triogical2-directory.
Exclamation useless, I think...
Patapin
Patapin
Admin

Message par h2so4 1/9/2012, 20:17

Yeshead a écrit:

In directory "triogical2" i have a lot of files as "Triogical_Compilation1.tms" (works okay), "The-2nd-Compilation.tms" (does not work), "New-Mapset#7.tms" (works okay and i think i renamed it then but how and who, I don't remember), further i have "Triogical_Mapset2.tms" till "Triogical_Mapset8.tms" but all of these does not work.
I work through all the options you mentioned (choos player, load mapset etc.)

if you can play with some mapsets, then there must be a problem with the zip file you have downloaded or with the unzip process. I would suggest you to remove all those .tms and associated .tgs files (except the ones you have no problem with) redownload the zip file and reunzip them in the triogical2 directory. (make a copy of all tgs files in a backup directory before removing them).

h2so4
Admin

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé